Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm becoming a Yogi





As I'm progressing into my 3rd trimester, I've started to think of all the the things I would like to accomplish before the baby arrives.  For the longest time I'v wanted to become  Yoga Certified so that one day I could teach classes or possibly run my own studio.  I'v been practicing Yoga for over 3 years now, and have decided to take it to the next level.

I started my teacher training courses and should be certified by the end of April.  April 26th to be exact, my birthday!  Thought this would be a great b-day present to myself.   I am learning how to teach Ashtanga Yoga  which utilizes Uujjay breathing through various asana's or postures.

What's nice about being pregnant and learning how to teach yoga is that I am learning all the modified poses for pregnancy.   I'm enjoying learning the modified versions so much that I thought I could possibly specialize in prenatal yoga and or mommy and me classes down the road.  I enjoy not only doing the movements but learning why each asana is important and how it benefits our body.  

Today was such a beautiful day with the snow capped mountains in the background I decided to practice outside.  Have a peaceful day :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh how wonderful Jeannette! Mommy & Me yoga sounds like so much fun, and great bonding time!

    ReplyDelete